Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Ruahines this weekend!!

Last post 24-04-2007, 1:29 PM by Kieran. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  23-04-2007, 2:17 PM 826

Ruahines this weekend!!

Hey guys, hope you've had an awesome holiday and have recovered from the fine food of gourmet if you were there!! This weekend we're heading to the southern Ruahines. It should be an excellent weekend involving some solid tramping in somewhere the club hasn't been yet this year. It looks like we've got enough people for a few groups so there will be a range of fitness levels.

If you want to sign up, I'll have a sheet tomorrow night or else send me an email! And drop me an email if you have any questions or want to know more!

Cheers, Annabel

Filed under: ,
  •  24-04-2007, 1:29 PM 865 in reply to 826

Re: Ruahines this weekend!!

Current ideas include:

All groups head to Kashmir road end (which can be quite exciting and mite involve pushing depending on the state of the road/vehicle) - then wander up to Longview Hut under moonlight.

An easier group can head down past rocky knob to Makaretu Hut (scrubby/bushy tops) for Saturday night, and come back to the car via Happy Daze and Awatere Huts (river valley).

Another easyish group could do a Daphne loop from Longview.

From Longview a medium group could take the tops along to Howletts Hut for Saturday night, then come back to car via Daphne hut, weather permitting (river can flood).

From Howletts hut a bunch of mad buggers could do Sawtooth ridge, black ridge and come back via Daphne on Sunday, again weather permitting.

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
View as RSS news feed in XML